1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support EE19 Patch/Contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kmf, Jun 11, 2011.

1. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

Jul 28, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Iowa
    After getting the EE19 2.2.1 patch all of my contacts now have the Google icon to the right of each name instead of the USCC icon. I don't want this...please help.

Advertisement

2. Mackfini

Mackfini Newbie
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    Export your contacts to your SD card then delete all all your contacts. Now import your contacts from your SD card And choose phone option

kmf likes this.
  3. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

Jul 28, 2010
    Male
    Northeast Iowa
    I actually went to the USCC store and had the tech person straighten it all out. All seems to be well now. Thank you!

4. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    Did you have your contacts put onto your phone by the store when you bought it?

You SHOULD have either the google symbol or the phone contacts symbol next to your contacts names.

If your contacts are only on your phone, any data loss due to damage or upgrade will mean you lose the contacts.

The biggest advantage you have using the Google account for storing your contacts is you have a constant backup of your contacts.

You lose a couple of minor functions (grouping for example) by not keeping them on your phone, but that's one I can give up, for the backup benefits.

USCC's mycontacts backup is completely unnecessary, and in my opinion is simply an attempt to keep you tied to them as a carrier. ("We have your contacts backup, you can't move your data without us") If you're using your Google account, mycontactsbackup is nothing more than bloatware.

5. baker401

baker401 Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    I went to the uscellular store today to get the latest update but it still shows the ec10 as the version in the about phone section. How do I know whether or not they actually installed the update?

6. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    Under Settings==>About Phone

Its either the "build" info or the Kernel info. It should end with EE19 if you have the latest update. If yours still says EC10, they did not do the most recent update. They applied the first 2.2 update.