• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root EE2.0.1 Market Issue

I can't really answer all your questions, but didn't want you to think no one was listening :)

This seems to happen after flashing a ROM that has app2sd. I'm assuming you partitioned your sd card to use a2sd...After partitioning all of the apps are moved to the partition, and market doesn't register as a core app so it moves, too. (Again, if anyone out there has more info, feel free to jump in!)
If (hopefully) you made a nandroid backup before slashing 2.0.1, your best bet will probably be to restore that. That should take you back to 2.0, then reflash 2.0.1.
Assuming you're backing up as you go, there really shouldn't be any harm in doing this, of course everything's at your own risk. The partition will remain after reflashing .0.1, and you can use the ls -l /data command in adb shell to verify a2sd is working. If it is, you should see, "app -> /system/sd/app
app-private -> /system/sd/app-private" in there respective lines.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
I might be speaking to early here, but:

- With the adb shell, I removed Vender.apk file from the SD card.
- Ran a NAND backup.
- Flashed EE 2.0
- Flashed EE 2.0.1
- Flashed Darktremor A2SD version 2.7 Update 1

I hope I'm not jinxing myself by posting this, but so far the market is staying put. The real test will be over the next week or so. If it's going to happen again, it will happen by then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones