• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root EE3.0 vrs Froyo

lukesdiesel

Android Enthusiast
Jun 13, 2010
NC
www.dieseldawgs.com
I have tried several different Froyo Roms over the past very weeks. I still can't get any good battery life out of them compaired to running EE3.0. Yet everyone tells me they get better battery life while running Froyo. My phone has currently been unplugged for 9hrs 13 mins. It has a total of 50 mins talk time and I have sent 30+ text messages. My battery level is @ %73 running EE3.0

I can't get a total of 11hrs out of my phone when running any of the Froyo Roms. Ive tried running several different settings on SetCPU but nothing noticable. Only thing I notice is that when running Froyo the largest use of my battery is my Display. Yet when running EE3.0 the largest use is Cell Standby and Display is the lowest. But I have tried turning the brightness almost all the way down on the Froyo ROM but it doesn't make any difference.

Luke

I like the looks and functions of the Froyo ROM's. If I could just get some good battery life out of them I would be happy.

11hrs 35 mins since unplugged

Voice Calls 30%
Cell Standby 30%
Phone Idle 27%
Android System 8%
Dialer 3%
Display 2%

Voice Calls = 1hr 16m 40s
Time without a signal 6%

Battery @ 37%

I think it depends on what you consider "good" battery life. To me getting close to 12hours of use and still having almost 40% of battery life seems like excellent battery performance.

Upvote 0
Luke what do you have your set CPU profiles set at??

I'm rather curious how you are achieving such long battery life

BTW, do you turn off your 3g throughout the day or is it constantly on?

Nope I leave my 3G on. Email checks every Hr, Weather Updates every hr.

Setcpu

Main 710/528
Temp 480/160
Charginh/Full 710/528
Screen Off 480/245

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones