1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Eee Pad Transformer Appears To Only Have 750MB of RAM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nathanbrand, Dec 14, 2011.

1. nathanbrand

nathanbrand Newbie
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    Hi All (first post here),

I recently purchased the Asus Eee Pad Transformer at Best Buy. I've been pleased so far, but I recently noticed that when I run Apps that measure system performance (such as Android Assistant = 728.45MB, or Android System Info = 728MB) they register RAM totals that are less than the advertised specs of 1GB. I have a good deal of experience with operating systems, but this is my first Android device, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something here. Is there a protected area of RAM within the OS that may not show up on these Apps?

How do I definitively measure the amount of physical RAM that is installed on my Eee Pad?

Thnx

Advertisement

2. Crash27

Crash27 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    Male
    Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
    Yes it does come with 1GB of ram, but a portion of that amount gets allocated to the system, graphics...ect... the remaining amount is what is free for the TF to access for loading applications, games....ect

3. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    You have to get a digital ruler. :)
    No, seriously, it's just the way Bytes work, 1 GB= 1024MB. Don't forget that the operating System (OS) itself takes up some of the RAM, so of course your apps won't be able to use the full 1GB.

Also, Android will allow apps to keep running in the background unless it needs the RAM for other apps, then it closes those processes.