1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

EF02 cmw flashable xda link and comment thread.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stringyquark, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Stringyquark

Stringyquark Member

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast

How could you still be running the EC05 modem? I'm glad to see the CWM flash version being available version the ODIN only methods... I don't want to have to use my computer every time I change.

3. Stringyquark

Stringyquark Member

Not sure how or why but the ee03 and ef02 work with most modems. I hear that some are still running the dk18 (not sure if that's the right bulid #) leak modem on these leaked roms.

On an other note, sofar only one reboot. Was watching dailyshow on the stock browser and when I closed it my phne rebooted. Could not reproduce this issue so I guess it isn't one.

Can't get a good read on battery life with ef02, I broke my mp3 player and have been streaming public radio a lot so I'm going through 2 somtimes 3 batterys a day but I'm running it quite a bit.

4. duratime

duratime Android Enthusiast

I actually tried this but bricked my phone trying to update to the newer version of CWM (don't know how I messed that up). I had an older version and had ran a backup right before I bricked it. I followed the steps on XDA on how to un-brick, and since I was forced to Odin, I installed the version that has Deodexed EF02, with CWM, and Busybox, and used to the backup to restore the data (data only) back onto the phone and it all worked. The phone has been working good now for almost 2 full days. The only problem is, I have no idea what busy box is and all I know about deodexed, is that it is required for themes. Seems like a pretty good build so far.

5. Stringyquark

Stringyquark Member

I think that's about standard, I fit that category. Just read twice watch videos and thank the developers and others that make it so this stuff is so simple.

got to start some place right.

Busybox

otherwise sounds like you did ok.

duratime likes this.
  6. Stringyquark

Stringyquark Member

So I haven't been getting the best battery with this. Then my roommate got an old P.O.S. laptop and I can use odin without driving 20 miles. So I thought I'd try the ef10 modem. Wow did that ever help moving from the ec05 to ef10 modem.

couldn't resize these so here's are links to some screenshots of my battery usage.

Http://db.tt/O6EhH6w
    Http://db.tt/brGEc43

I just swaped to a fresh battery before bed and just let it sit off the charger. I hope it stays like this. I've heard mixed results for the ef10 modem but for my phone it's great. If somthing changes will put it here.

Now just need that keyboard fix.

7. Stringyquark

Stringyquark Member

Well so far so good. Not sure if it was the modem or freezing system updates, but eather way I'm geting 12 to 14 hours with light use. And 7 to 8 doing live streaming for hours, watching netflix on full brightness for 40 minutes during my breaks.

If your having issues with battery life on ee03 or ef02 try freezing system updates. I'm currious if this was the cause of my battery issues or if it was the ec05 modem running on gingerbread. I'm running well and am to lazy to flash the ec05 modem and check.

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews