1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Efax .pdf's not opening

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by politzer, Jan 4, 2012.

1. politzer

politzer Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 19, 2011
    I use Easylink which is my company's provided efax service. The file names are over 15 characters long before the extension and evidently that's causing an issue in Adobe Reader or Documents to Go being able to read them on the Nexus. I can open these .PDF's when the file name is shorter

Does anyone have a suggestion of another app that might work or if this is an ICS issue?

Advertisement

2. clb2196

clb2196 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    Hm, I can open pdfs with names over 15 characters with docs to Go without a problem. What happens exactly when you try to open them?

3. politzer

politzer Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 19, 2011
    OK, now i'm thinking it's not .pdf that's the problem, as I'm able to open other PDF files and, although the Easylink files coming in are .pdf when i see them on my computer, here they're being identified under the Attachment button as EasyLink Internet Document.

I'm going to have to try to get through to EasyLink and see what they have to say

4. ViksnV

ViksnV Lurker
    None

May 25, 2012
    Actually many efax and myfax users have a problem with pdf files. If you wish to work with this type of files I would recomend you to change the service proveder. If you know Popfax.com, use it - never had problems with opening their files.

Tags: