• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Efficient on the spot SMS?

manchuriaceo

Jun 18, 2011
I just got an android phone, a LG optimus V, girlfriend is in Europe and so far she can text me to my sms gateway and I receive them but I can't text her back. Her phone company does not want to cooperate so whatever.
Tried online free sms services but they take too long to deliver although they do work.

Skype so far delivers on the spot but I just found out I can not send sms from the android app.

Anyone knows of an application like skype (no matter if I have to pay) but that allows you to send fast sms?

googlevoice does not deliver to Poland...

Any other suggestions? again, I want speed of delivery, like skype.

Thank you!!!

I just got an android phone, a LG optimus V, girlfriend is in Europe and so far she can text me to my sms gateway and I receive them but I can't text her back. Her phone company does not want to cooperate so whatever.
Tried online free sms services but they take too long to deliver although they do work.

Skype so far delivers on the spot but I just found out I can not send sms from the android app.

Anyone knows of an application like skype (no matter if I have to pay) but that allows you to send fast sms?

googlevoice does not deliver to Poland...

Any other suggestions? again, I want speed of delivery, like skype.

Thank you!!!

Try a data using sms application like whatsapp, kakaotalk, pingchat, and the sorts?

Maybe that'll do what you want?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones