• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

clipperqb

May 3, 2010
I'm using Handcent (recent convert from BB) I have a few shortcuts setup for frequent persons I text but wondered the fastest way to compose a text for a random person in my address book. Here's what I've done:
1. press Handcent
2. press top left icon for new message
3. press + sign
4. scroll list for contact
5. press check mark
6. press check mark to select mobile phone
7. press ok
8. press menu
9. press "end select"
10. compose text.
so, that's nuts. The other way I've tried is:
1.press people shortcut
2. scroll list for contact
3. press contact
4. Look at the 3 entries for "send message" (my example contact) and try and remember which is the cell phone.
5. press send message.
6. compose text

So I guess the second way is better but I'd rather not have to figure which is the cell phone and rather than scrolling to find the name I'd rather type first letters of name.
Is there a better way (must be)
Thanks!

i add shortcuts for the people i txt alot. press down on a blank spot on a screen...shortcut...direct message...choose the person. it adds a small pic of them on your screen. click it and keyboard pops up. you still have to "tap to compose" which is annoying...it should already be focused so you can just start typing.
btw i just installed swype......it's siiiiiiiick.

Upvote 0
i add shortcuts for the people i txt alot. press down on a blank spot on a screen...shortcut...direct message...choose the person. it adds a small pic of them on your screen. click it and keyboard pops up. you still have to "tap to compose" which is annoying...it should already be focused so you can just start typing.
btw i just installed swype......it's siiiiiiiick.

+1! With sense and 7 screens you have plenty of real estate to do this :cool:

Swype is my #1 app by far and on the Inc it is a joy to use

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones