1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Efs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dmcjr22, Dec 27, 2013.

1. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2012
    Syracuse Ny
    hey guys got a question about efs. no i rooted my phone before i found out about efs/imei. so my question is can i do it post root and im going to flash service to it very shortlly here should i wait until after flashing service?

Advertisement

2. tensazan

tensazan Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Indiana
    Have you flagged any custom roms already? I think I read somewhere that if you have a nand backup of your stock rom, you can reflash that and get your imei back, but I can't remember where I saw that. If you haven't flashed ant custom roms, but have a rooted stock rom, and custom bootloader you can run nvbackup from a terminal emulator to back it up, and nvrestore to restore the imei. As for efs, I don't know if that's included in the backup, nor do I know what it is...

Sorry if this isn't the answer you were looking for, I'm not quite sure how everything works on the s3 as I have yet to root and read all about it

3. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Oracle Consultant
    Devon
    Nandroid does not backup the EFS folder and contents. You need to use a tool like HCk-Tool (On playstore). This will create a backup - Which I always save to my PC along with any recent Nandroids.

You can restore the EFS folder either rooted or not; but HCk-tool only does it whilst rooted. To do it stock you need to use file explorer and delete the corrupt EFS folder and replace with the working one off your PC.

wyelkins and funkylogik like this.
  4. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2012
    Syracuse Ny
    thanks guys i had read up about it just wanted feedback from those who done it and stuff i just flashed stock via odin used a tool from xda slips my mind which one but got it saved