1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

EGLIDE XL PRO locked out.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alexhore, Dec 11, 2013.

1. alexhore

alexhore Lurker

Trying to help my old man out.

He has a generic unlabeled tablet eventually identified as an EGLIDE XL PRO

*****ematic.us/tablets/eglide-xl-pro

Not the pro II just the Pro....

I cannot find a rom anywhere, I cannot find a working recovery menu button sequence and the support team will not deal with you without a recipte and even then they just swap it out if under warrenty. :(

My question is.

Right now its asking for his Gmail email and password and he has changed the password a few times since last used.
    How exactly does this bit work since its not connected to anything?
    I can only assume its stored on it somewhere?
    If so will it sync to the latest password if I can find the router its previously been connected to?

I was hoping I could take my spare router and setup as an additional wireless AP (Its already doing this) but change the wireless network name and password to match what he used. That way the tablet would automatically connect and would accept a new password

I'm waiting for him to get back to me with the info off his old router but in the mean time does anyone have a view on whether this would even work? Any other options?

Posted in the only other section I could see very many thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I'll move to the general tablet section, see if any one there can assist.

Does he remember if he left Wireless on? Can't you set up an open network and have it connect to that as opposed to messing around with changing network names etc.

Do you know if USB Debugging was enabled? You can try wiping and other tricks with ADB. Have a look here: http://androidforums.com/faqs/685025-lost-phone-locked-out-faq.html

I'm relatively sure your gmail account info isn't stored locally, so without a connection, you're goosed. :(

I'll have a look around, see if I can find any info for you. Recovery wise, what button combos have you tried?

alexhore likes this.
  3. alexhore

alexhore Lurker

I'll move to the general tablet section, see if any one there can assist.

Thanks

Does he remember if he left Wireless on?

Good point, ill check tonight

Can't you set up an open network and have it connect to that as opposed to messing around with changing network names etc.

I had no idea it would connect. So if you have an Andriod with wireless enabled by default it connects to open networks?

Do you know if USB Debugging was enabled? You can try wiping and other tricks with ADB.

Pritty sure its not, I downloaded some sort of .bat file after googleing ADB and pressed 1 when asked and it seemed not to find it or react in any way

I'm relatively sure your gmail account info isn't stored locally, so without a connection, you're goosed.

This is good in some ways as he does not know the old password just need to get it connected then.

I'll have a look around, see if I can find any info for you.

Thanks again

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Added some additional questions to my post btw (a link and something about combos for recovery).

Re. the open wireless, it depends on what the tab was configured to do. I thought it was an easier option to try first than messing about with old network names etc.