• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EIS wigging out.

kxracer823

Lurker
Nov 4, 2017
Has anyone had to return their 2XL for camera failure? My first one I had for a week and went on a dual sport ride with it in a RAM mount on the way to the trails. I got there before the rest of the group so I decided to take some pictures. Tried opening the app and would shut down. But the time I got home the camera was making grinding sounds and if you shook the phone you could hear plastic rattling.

I returned it and got a new one. So far it's working fine but also haven't ridden with it yet.
Cool, glad you were able to get it replaced!

That said, I'd probably be careful about rough trail rides in the future. The floating lens and gyros used for OIS may not be susceptible to damage from intense jarring or heavy vibrations.

Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones