1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Ek1 rom, deodexed/zipaligned

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Diversebydesign, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Diversebydesign

Diversebydesign Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    Writer, Network and System Repair
    Geneva, IL - USA
    Has anyone here tried this out yet? It seems there have been a few people over at Rootzwiki who have. Looks like the only issue has been a couple people losing WiFi, but that was quickly resolved with a quick flashing of the EK1 kernel.

I am contemplating doing this myself, but just a bit weary considering this is considered a "Beta" over there. I have rooted and flashed the CWM Recovery ROM to my Strat, but I desperately want to wipe everything (including bloat) and start fresh with a clean ROM. I am hoping this could be the one since there is really nothing else out yet for the phone. Hoping a few of you may have had some time to play around with this ROM...

BTW.. this phone is moving quick. I went with my wife today because she wanted to pick one up for herself and they were sold out. They said it was the second time in as many days that they have sold out of the Strat and should be getting more in tomorrow. They could not believe how fast these are moving.

Advertisement

2. Diversebydesign

None

Jan 8, 2012
    Geneva, IL - USA
    As I mentioned in the previous post, I was thinking about the wipe/install of the deodexed and zipaligned rom. Unfortunetely the link that Rootzwiki has for the file is really slow. I mean REALLY slow. I found another link that is a bit faster over at "Rapid Download" so I figured I would share :D

Also... as I mentioned in a different thread, I was thinking about making a section of my site/blog dedicated to Android and Rooting, in particular the Strat since it is seemingly becoming a very popular device. Anyway.. I am still working on the details, but I should have that worked out soon and when I do I will host the files there. Until then however, here is the alternate link that I located:

Alternate Link for SCH-i405-EK1-Stock-Deodex-v1a.zip

Scur likes this.
  3. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    I'm sticking to stock atm. I got my phone through Let'sTalk to get my phone for free, so I'm locked into my plan and phone for 6 months. I'm a bit hesitant about flashing my Strat since I can't switch my service to another phone until then in case I bork it. Come June, though, I'm seeing what I can do with this thing. :)

4. DC1333

DC1333 Lurker
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    like i stated in the other topic my girl just got this phone and im going to be deving on this version already started a few hours ago i post on SDX as I help host the site so keep a look out. if some1 wants to copy it over to this site once im ready feel free. will be about a week before I know all kinks are worked out.

SDX-Developers Forum - Index

5. Diversebydesign

None

Jan 8, 2012
    Geneva, IL - USA
    Thanks. Ill keep an eye out for it. I just completed the flashing of the EK1 kernel and moving over to the deodexed/zipaligned EK1 version. So far, so good. Everything is working great and so far I have not seen any complaints on the other site either (rootzwiki). I'll of course report back should a problem come up, but I really doubt it.

I failed to remove any bloat at this point as I still want to keep things as they are at the moment. I already moved a bit quick after just coming over the BB just two weeks ago. Still a Droid newb for the most part. Maybe with my next OS flash I will remove all the garbage, for now I'm gonna work on freezing and just putting crap into a "Useless Crap" folder.

@Scur - I hear ya. Let us know when you finally start messin with it, I'm sure you will have something useful to contribute. I still have to check out those "Big Lists" of yours. I will also let you know when I start putting things together on my site too.

Talk to you soon. I have to go re-download a bunch of crap! :rolleyes:

6. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    Cool. The only other development I've seen so far for the Strat has been on RootzWiki, so I'm happy to see someone else tackling it. I'll definitely keep an eye out over there, and happily link to anything you come up with.

7. DC1333

DC1333 Lurker
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    ya if my girl didnt get it i wouldnt of touched it now all of use will make fun of her at work cause we get htc devices but she wanted to play with a sami for a long time so yep hahaha.

8. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    Honestly, the market and browser lists aren't extremely helpful. Yeah, it shows what's out there (that I can find) but odds are folks will want the major stuff and that's it. I do the same. They were spur-of-the-moment projects.
    The one that folks are really finding helpful is the launcher list. I've got a great many hours into it, and try to keep up on it. As it's the main user interface of the phone, I find myself hopping around on them looking to change up my phones, sometimes trying one out for an hour, sometimes for a couple weeks. But I'm constantly moving around, trying out new ones.