1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

EL29 cwm kernel dont work for me.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mholloway, Dec 24, 2012.

1. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

No matter how many times I download it just doesn't work.it boots me into recovery but nothe I choose works.its like the power button don't work to choose what I select.

2. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

3. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

4. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

Trying to flash extended toggles but I use the agar recovery boot loops I do have 41g-ATB cwm zip.which is cwm v6.something.
    Edit : using this worked, I now have extended toggles with the sphere batt.

5. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Cool, Is that what you flashed your ROM with?

6. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

I flashed my ROM with agats and had no problem but agats wouldn't work with the toggles

7. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

it was a typo it is FF18 TW CWM safe by Chris41g

mholloway likes this.
  8. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

when you tried to flash the toggle were you on the the FK23 repack with AGAT?

9. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

I believe so. Says FK23-agat recovery tar

10. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

As I understand it FK23 recovery is having some issues. Hopefully those will be solved soon enough.

11. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

Yea that would be good

12. mhannah3333

mhannah3333 Android Enthusiast

As with the el29 cwm kernel you press the home button to select. .. power button goes back

mholloway likes this.
  13. alpha2k

alpha2k Android Expert

You can set so it uses the power button. Once in recovery scroll to the top then hit vol up, then vol down a couple of times, it will toggle the power button on and off that way.
    Was an accidental find when watching a Qbking77 video, so credit goes to him, but it does work doing that.
    Then you can use the power to pick your selection. That trick also puts a back to option on the screens as well, on the bottom.
    Also I have used EL29 to make a nandroid, and also to put on toggles and switch between FI22 and FK23 roms and kernels and modems, so I know for a fact it does work.

mholloway likes this.
  14. mhannah3333

mhannah3333 Android Enthusiast

Interesting trick... ill have to try that

15. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

i will try that thank you

16. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

very very nice i tried it and it works .. thank you so much.:D

17. alpha2k

alpha2k Android Expert

Np, glad I could help :)

18. Krowbarr

Krowbarr Well-Known Member

Okay, so I'm running stock rooted and would like to flash an OC kernel. I've looked at kris 41's because it has CWM Rwilco12's Android Repository I've also looked at Agat's 0.5.4 and 0.6.8. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

19. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

The older kernels like EL26 or FF18 I would recommend those for using to flashing another ROM not for daily running. I was using the AGAT 0.6.8 with the FI27 modem when I was last running rooted stock. There are also repacked kernels with AGAT recovery too. I have the understanding that 3g and 4g performance is better with the repacked than with the source built

http://rwilco12.androidfilehost.com/?dir=Kernels/Recovery Kernels/ICS/Agats Recovery/ZIP

Codegerm

Krowbarr likes this.
  20. Krowbarr

So I'm on F 122 right now, can I use Agat 0.6.8? These Samsung devices are a learning experience for me. Does the kernel I flash have to say F 122? I'm guessing it doesn't....for instance can I use tF127 here? http://rwilco12.androidfilehost.com/?dir=Kernels/Recovery Kernels/ICS/Agats Recovery/TAR

21. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Yes you can use Agat 0.6.8 (using the agat kernel is the way one Roots the phone by using the pc). I also chose to flash the modem to FI27. yes you can use a repack kernel too. the main thing is to make sure you are selecting a touch wiz kernel for ICS if you are on Stock. I will say the AGAT 0.6.8 kernel does have nice voltage, clocking control features along with the pegasusq governor (an on demand with hit plugging for the second core to allow the phone to suspend the second core when not needed) that i set via an app like voltage control.

Krowbarr likes this.
  22. Krowbarr

Thank you Codegerm, you're always very helpful.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews