• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EL29 cwm kernel dont work for me.

You can set so it uses the power button. Once in recovery scroll to the top then hit vol up, then vol down a couple of times, it will toggle the power button on and off that way.
Was an accidental find when watching a Qbking77 video, so credit goes to him, but it does work doing that.
Then you can use the power to pick your selection. That trick also puts a back to option on the screens as well, on the bottom.
Also I have used EL29 to make a nandroid, and also to put on toggles and switch between FI22 and FK23 roms and kernels and modems, so I know for a fact it does work.

Reactions: mholloway
Upvote 0
You can set so it uses the power button. Once in recovery scroll to the top then hit vol up, then vol down a couple of times, it will toggle the power button on and off that way.
Was an accidental find when watching a Qbking77 video, so credit goes to him, but it does work doing that.
Then you can use the power to pick your selection. That trick also puts a back to option on the screens as well, on the bottom.

Interesting trick... ill have to try that

Upvote 0
Also I have used EL29 to make a nandroid, and also to put on toggles and switch between FI22 and FK23 roms and kernels and modems, so I know for a fact it does work.
very very nice i tried it and it works .. thank you so much.:D

Upvote 0
Okay, so I'm running stock rooted and would like to flash an OC kernel. I've looked at kris 41's because it has CWM Rwilco12's Android Repository I've also looked at Agat's 0.5.4 and 0.6.8. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

The older kernels like EL26 or FF18 I would recommend those for using to flashing another ROM not for daily running. I was using the AGAT 0.6.8 with the FI27 modem when I was last running rooted stock. There are also repacked kernels with AGAT recovery too. I have the understanding that 3g and 4g performance is better with the repacked than with the source built

http://rwilco12.androidfilehost.com/?dir=Kernels/Recovery Kernels/ICS/Agats Recovery/ZIP

Codegerm

Reactions: Krowbarr
Upvote 0
The older kernels like EL26 or FF18 I would recommend those for using to flashing another ROM not for daily running. I was using the AGAT 0.6.8 with the FI27 modem when I was last running rooted stock. There are also repacked kernels with AGAT recovery too. I have the understanding that 3g and 4g performance is better with the repacked than with the source built

http://rwilco12.androidfilehost.com/?dir=Kernels/Recovery Kernels/ICS/Agats Recovery/ZIP

Codegerm

So I'm on F 122 right now, can I use Agat 0.6.8? These Samsung devices are a learning experience for me. Does the kernel I flash have to say F 122? I'm guessing it doesn't....for instance can I use tF127 here? http://rwilco12.androidfilehost.com/?dir=Kernels/Recovery Kernels/ICS/Agats Recovery/TAR

Upvote 0
Yes you can use Agat 0.6.8 (using the agat kernel is the way one Roots the phone by using the pc). I also chose to flash the modem to FI27. yes you can use a repack kernel too. the main thing is to make sure you are selecting a touch wiz kernel for ICS if you are on Stock. I will say the AGAT 0.6.8 kernel does have nice voltage, clocking control features along with the pegasusq governor (an on demand with hit plugging for the second core to allow the phone to suspend the second core when not needed) that i set via an app like voltage control.

Reactions: Krowbarr
Upvote 0

Codegerm

Yes you can use Agat 0.6.8 (using the agat kernel is the way one Roots the phone by using the pc). I also chose to flash the modem to FI27. yes you can use a repack kernel too. the main thing is to make sure you are selecting a touch wiz kernel for ICS if you are on Stock. I will say the AGAT 0.6.8 kernel does have nice voltage, clocking control features along with the pegasusq governor (an on demand with hit plugging for the second core to allow the phone to suspend the second core when not needed) that i set via an app like voltage control.

Thank you Codegerm, you're always very helpful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones