• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ELearning] Kleio Flashcards - SRS, sync with PCs, share. Beta available now

Hello all,

Kleio Flashcards has been live for Windows and WP7 for a few months already, and the Android version has just entered beta.

The app, briefly:
- Syncs with a completely free Windows app, also found on the site, you can have it right now, it also works independently of any mobile app.
- Integrated flashcard sharing system, you can see it on the site.
- Two study modes, one of which is Mnemosyne-style spaced repetition.
- Use a bookmarklet to make flashcards out of any text from any website.

There's a lot more, but I'll let the site and the app speak for itself.

The app is at Kleio Flashcards
You can download the APK here:
http://www.kleio.info/signupn?ticketfield=c46e6eec
Or, go to:
The Kleio App and enter this code: "c46e6eec"

There's still a lot of rough edges and its not tested on very many devices, but generally it should work.

All feedback is appreciated!

Best,

Mike
@MikeFayer

home.png

study.png

study2.png

I UNDERSTAND THIS IS A BETA but here is my feedback :)

______________________________________What I like______________________________________
I like the instructions and the app in general like the color, menu, icons, splash screen etc.

______________________________________Problems________________________________________
1)Long pressing a deck does nothing after doing it once
2)I can't see the add new card to deck icon on the upper right
3)Afrter I study a deck a blank card shows then I cant study that deck again

______________________________________Questions_______________________________________
1)What is the button on the upper right next to add new deck on the home screen for? I can't see the icon and when I press it it just says "syning"
2)what is the prompt for under answer when you make a new card for your deck? is it like a hint for the answer?
3)can I make a suggestion?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all in all this would be my rating... for now ★★★☆☆

and I would also like to say that I tested the app in portrait view and I forgot to test it in landscape view

I HOPE THIS HELPS :D

Upvote 0
Pacman666, thanks for the detailed write-up! As to your points:

1)Long pressing a deck does nothing after doing it once - Not really following, you can't long-press a deck, do you mean the deck's icon?
2)I can't see the add new card to deck icon on the upper right - Ok, I think I know what you mean, will try to fix.
3)Afrter I study a deck a blank card shows then I cant study that deck again - Right that's how the spaced repetition system works. Once you've studied all the cards in a deck then they're scheduled for some day in the future and you won't see them until then. To keep studying, you have to switch to "cram mode" which doesn't use spaced repetition. For some background see Kleio Tutorial

______________________________________Questions___ ____________________________________
1)What is the button on the upper right next to add new deck on the home screen for? I can't see the icon and when I press it it just says "syning"
- Ugh - the disappearing-icon bug again. What it does, is sync. If you download the desktop app it will automatically sync with that desktop app. If you install it on another device, or uninstall it and reinstall it, it will re-download all your stuff from the cloud.
2)what is the prompt for under answer when you make a new card for your deck? is it like a hint for the answer?
- Yup, its an optional hint, you can get creative with how you use it. For instance, if the question is a verb and the answer is the first person singular, the prompt would be "first person singular". If the answer is a translation to another language, the prompt could be "german translation."
3)can I make a suggestion?
- Please do! Also there's a uservoice widget at Kleio Flashcards for tracking suggestions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all in all this would be my rating... for now ★★★☆☆

and I would also like to say that I tested the app in portrait view and I forgot to test it in landscape view

-Pity, I prefer the landscape views to the portrait ones. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones