• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Elelinux RC1

I'm going to try elelinux's rom mainly because, froyd villain has this battery annoing bug that is in cm build. I don't know why Ninpo doesn't released a fix yet because he has the new CM build from cyanogen. So i am more than frustrating that my batt. on froyd makes the phone unusable. But i think you all know this.

I don't know what is with all that gapps thing, but if ele says that they are needed, i will add them as well. Dunno how flykernel works, but the rom comes with an "default" overclocking program? (setcpu, cpuspeed?).

Thanks

Upvote 0
If I recall correctly it doesnt have a defualt overclocking program. Use SetCpu though. And the newest flykernel11 with smartass governor. Go for something nice :) like 35x-614 oon running + 176-35x while sleeping :).
That bug with the battery was present though in 1.9 so not sure 2.0 is better :)

Btw for the bat. dont wanna go OT here much you could also try the newest Floyo has even a newer CM build as the 2.0 of ele

Reactions: 1ceb0x
Upvote 0
btw: i really like your username, it reminds me about Bam-Bam from Flinstones Family =D

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

AHAHAHAHA. BEST QUOTE OF THIS DAY. TOTALLY MADE MY DAY :p

<<< had to use Caps :p

A little ota, hopefully I will be forgiven :p .

That username :p . Well IN the time of google being only on invites. As I registered it asked me. And I wrote answers in Slovak :p . Was late night and I might have been drunk :p(nah wasnt) but I stick to it. Means givenotgive

Name: "d

Upvote 0
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

AHAHAHAHA. BEST QUOTE OF THIS DAY. TOTALLY MADE MY DAY :p

<<< had to use Caps :p

A little ota, hopefully I will be forgiven :p .

That username :p . Well IN the time of google being only on invites. As I registered it asked me. And I wrote answers in Slovak :p . Was late night and I might have been drunk :p(nah wasnt) but I stick to it. Means givenotgive

Name: "d

Upvote 0
m.garz, the battery life in elelinux's rom v2.0 is pretty good. much better than froyd's, that i can say with my hand over my heart, lol. The rom is pretty darn good, camed up barely naked (some titties too xD. jk) and the new kernel 11 from erasmusx and the new governor "smartass" makes a good 'ol hero to run quickly as a desire xD.

I personally saw Desire's with htc's official froyo and it's quite laggy!

So no worries, you can flash elelinux rom without any probs, the batt. will last you longer than froyd. I'm a bit of a traitor, as i stated love for villain's roms for ever. HAHA!

Upvote 0
can you show me some logcat or some screenshots then? :D maybe you will convince me to try floyo tonight (lol, 2 roms in less than 12 hours)

L.E: no no no, m.garz, do not flash any other villain's theme, mainly because themes have some system files in them, and you could screw your freshed installed rom, thus making you flash it again. There are 3 themes for elelinux's rom. They are there, on the main post, i had decided to go with BlackMod because i like the dropdown notifications :D. ANDROID POWAH!

deviced.png

Upvote 0
and one last thing though, what theme should i flash for elelinux? will the FROYD 1.5 themes work? any personal preference?

NO and NO. USE only Elelinux themes for the version. they are in his thread. Personally I use the blackmod

can you show me some logcat or some screenshots then? :D maybe you will convince me to try floyo tonight (lol, 2 roms in less than 12 hours)

I meant your question on the XDA :p

(and today I flashed 3 times ROMS, 5x kernels and 4 nandroid restores :p)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones