• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Element image shows wrong picture after app creation

dustje

Lurker
Dec 11, 2015
I really hope that someone can help me with this...
I'm making an app for a mentaly disabled person to help him with certain tasks.
I thought to make it with tasker and after alot of work i have completed my app and i'm proud of it..

Now the major problem occurs. My app runs perfectly with tasker but not as APK after app creation.
Certain images are replaced with stock icon images.. (? , < ,> )
I only have the problem with tasks who use the action ELEMENT IMAGE to replace an existing image on a press.

I can say that the problem is not hardware related because i have the problem on my S4 (rooted) and on my S6 (non rooted)
I tried to use images from a sd card, images on the internal memory... Jpg or Png...

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Welcome to Android Forums.

I had never used Element Image before so I gave it a try for this on three un-root-ed phones ...
Maxx - 4.4.4
Turbo - 5.1
Turbo 2 - 5.1.1

Each reported that it could not find the scene.

In your case ... since it is only for a single user ... you could install Tasker on his machine and invoke the task using a Task widget.

... Thom

Upvote 0
If nothing else works yes ...
But it would be great if i can change the pictures and also use it for other persons who need extra help with their smartphone.
It is also alot of work on his phone to transfer all the pictures and link to the imported tasker tasks/scenes. (200+ icons and pictures)
I work with people with special needs so if i could make an APK of it, that would be alot better!

Ty for your effort Thom!
Grts

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones