1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Eliminate cable swap?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kalle99, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Kalle99

Kalle99 Newbie

Does anyone know of a brand of cable that has both a mini and a micro USB tip? I am continually swappping out these 2 cables to charge my cell phone with the micro or to connect other devices via a mini. Would be nice to have one cable that does it all.

Advertisement

2. justiyad

justiyad Android Enthusiast

3. Kalle99

Kalle99 Newbie

Thanks. It looks like it would work, but seems a lot like overkill. A bit if an octopus on the desk. Was thinking about just mini & micro. Should work though.

4. Kalle99

Kalle99 Newbie

Found the answer/solution to my own question and assume that some other folks might want to know too.

A $10 cable from Amazon, called "Dual Micros USB/Mini USB Cable has a standard USB 2.0male plug and branches to one mini and one micro male USB plug.

Now I have just run the cable through some tests and find that it is not perfect.
    I works just fine if plugged directly into the PC's USB port, but slows down to below USB 2.0 specs if plugged into a USB extension cable. This doesn't happen with the cable that came packaged together with my phone. It continues to work just fine when plugged into the very same extension cable.

So the conclusion has to be that this new cable I bought is only marginally 2.0 compliant, and the moment any added resistence is added toi the circuit, it underperforms.

5. lobo76

lobo76 Member

How about considering something like this?

[​IMG]