• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Elite or wildfire s for vm

I'd go with the Elite. The wildfire is junk in my opinion and it's a pain to root.

If you get the Elite and root it so you can remove the bloat it is a good running phone.

I came from the Optimus V and used to run either Backside or MiRaGe and even though we don't have any rom's for the Elite yet I think it runs very well with stock rom. I do miss the features of CM7 and hopefully we'll have it for the Elite soon but I think you'll be happy with the Elite even running it stock

Upvote 0
Although there is no recovery yet, i would say the Elite is better. I upgraded from an ICS OV last night to the Elite and i'm quite happy. Rooting was simple. I've used/rooted a wildfire s and it was a pain, and only has 2-3 good roms. Although I haven't installed very many apps on the Elite yet, the general performance is as good as cm7 if not better, with noticeably faster wifi downloads.

Upvote 0
minus some nasty network issues since my purchase(which seemed to be resolved for now) i would suggest the elite. once rooted and all the garbage you dont want is uninstalled,the phone runs very well. and imo it performs as well as cm7 in everyway. minus some tweaks that are in cm7,this stock install is not that bad actually. and with clockwork recovery a strong possibility with drew working on it once he gets a donated elite..i think the elite will take off fast after that point.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the Elite is a winner for sure. I have not used the Wildfire but just from researching it, the biggest complaint is the lack of storage on the phone's internal memory.

The Elite's stock OS runs great and after rooting even better since you can get rid of that horrible boot sound/animation and make some other cool tweaks. Definitely get the Elite if you're coming from the V, getting the Wildfire would be a downgrade from the V in my opinion.

Upvote 0
well cam as i mentioned on android central to you,i dont think the wildfire is a bad purchase considering one that you like the sense setup and two that you do not use that many apps at all,and seeing as apps can be moved to sdcard. i think its a good buy considering your useage,budget,etc. id go with it until i could get or needed something more powerful.

Upvote 0
Also, the HTC One V is on sale at Amazon for $150 right now (regular $200). I have the One V and my wife has the Optimus Elite, and I can say without hesitation that the One V blows the OE away.

Just another option since it seems there's a fire sale on everything VM right now.

The One V only has a .2 inch bigger screen and the next version of Android and that's it pretty much right? I mean the processors seem to be pretty equal since the OE is running 1ghz as well even though they say it's 800mhz.

Upvote 0
That .2 inch makes a lot of difference in typing.

The One V is a MUCH nicer phone, you can root and rom it easier, and the battery lasts longer. It also doesn't have a screwy memory system like the OE has, though it doesn't come with any Sdcard (that I remember).

The Elite is a nice little phone, but the One V is definitely nicer and a better choice if you can afford it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones