1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Elite - weak ringer volume at start

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cybrczch, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Cybrczch

Cybrczch Newbie

Something I just noticed on my Optimus Elite. When I get an incoming call, the ringer volume is muted for the first few seconds, gradually getting louder. Is this a feature that I was unaware of, and consequently, can turn off somewhere?

I am using the "Vintage Telephone" built-in ringtone, and my ringer volume is set to full. When I select it for use (Settings - Sound - Phone Ringtone) I get the sound full volume immediately. If I call my phone immediately after, the first ring is extremely faint, the second ring gets louder, and finally near full volume on the third ring.

Anyone out there have any ideas/solutions? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RealFastOne

RealFastOne Well-Known Member

My Elite does that too. I assume it is a built in feature as kind of a warning that your phone is about to ring at full volume (or whatever level you have it set at). I kind of like it.

3. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Android Expert

same here. it's sort of annoying. it sounds muffled at first. makes me look around for where my phone is like ive misplaced it even though its in my pocket.

4. Cybrczch

Cybrczch Newbie

Well I don't like that 'feature' of the phone. I want the ring to scare the daylights out of me from the first ring, not creep up on me. Or at least give me the option to set it the way I want.

5. Murf1

Murf1 Android Enthusiast

Mine does it too. I don't mind it.

6. neothejedi

neothejedi Lurker

Mine does that and i hate it! anyway of changing it or got to wate for custom roms and such?

LG Optimus Elite Forum

The LG Optimus Elite release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews