1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Elonex OneX firmware?

Discussion in 'Other Androids' started by dogpoet, Feb 8, 2014.

1. dogpoet

dogpoet Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2014
    Hi, all.

I've recently acquired a bricked (or at least non starting) Elonex Next, a 7" netbook running a version of Android I'm unable to identify because the device doesn't work. Elonex have told me that it runs the same firmware as their OneX, but the instructions for rebooting it through a firmware updater aren't any use as the hardware is slightly different to the OneX (no reset button), so I can't put it into update mode, and so raise it from the dead in the same way as the OneX.
    Does anybody have any idea which kernel and version of Android I need to put onto a SD card to reinstall them as it starts up? (it gets to sage two of the boot up sequence before falling over, so this is doable if I can identify the firmware.) Elonex are refusing to offer any information about this (possibly as they don't what their Chinese manufacturers are loading onto the things), and I'm at a dead loss to get the damned thing working. All I need is the kernel and the android version, but I can't find any sign online of which these are. Can anybody set me straight or am I wasting my time on this?
    Thank you for your patience.

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Elonex, there's a name I not heard in a long time. Used to be a PC manufacturer. Likely just an importer of cheap Chinese tablets and netbooks now, and they probably don't even know who's making them. So really means no chance of any manufacturer software or support. Any problem devices are just sent back to China for credit and recycling.

3. dogpoet

dogpoet Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2014
    Hmmmm. So I'd need to see if I can get hold of the manufacturer's name from them and try looking for that instead of the model number of the casing they've put on it?
    Thank you.