• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email account question

lazystudent

Lurker
Feb 22, 2010
I am a complete n00b to the android OS, having been with apple and then the pre, the android is like a breath of fresh air.

I set up the nexus with my gmail account details and i started receiving email notifications, i checked the email section and no account was set up so i guessed android set it all up for me, i started replying to emails and people complained the layout was weird.

So i set up my gmail account on the email settings bit and started replying and everyone said it was a lot better, but now i am receiving a notification for an email, clicking on it, but it is not directing me to the email section but rather a web based email section, and when i click on the email section i have to wait for it to refresh and load the email.

So my question is how do i stop the web based notification, and get push set up on the email section

One thing you can try is to remove your Google account all together and starting fresh. This won't wipe your phone, just your Google account data:

Email
Calendar (this may clear)
Contacts (this may clear)

Now, these will be on the server, so they should come back once you sync up again.

Settings > Accounts & Sync > Click your Google account > Click Remove account

Now, as a side step:

Back to settings main > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu > Filter > ALL > Gmail > Clear Data

Then back one > Gmail Storage > Clear Data

Reboot at this point and wait for things to come back up.

Then go into the Gmail application and add your account back and wait for everything to sync back up.

I had a similar issue with the MyTouch running a custom ROM and this is what I did to fix it.

Hope this helps! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones