1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

email account question

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by wchunter, Jan 4, 2012.

1. wchunter

wchunter Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    I've had my Casio Commando for nearly a week and am enjoying it, probably helps that its my first smartphone. I'm still learning how to get around in the tabs and apps. My question is regarding my email account. I'm using my yahoo email and was wondering if they're a way I can log off, or put the email notification on vibrate at night? I dont enjoy being awaken during the night with the email tone, and am not wanting to put my phone on vibrate during the night. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Welcome to the forums! :)

It depends on the app you are using for email - some allow you to set up polling times, the one built in to my HTC does that, so at night time, I set it to not bother.

It's very similar to K-9 Mail, and that is free in the Market. You might find it has the feature to set different responses for different times of the day, and you might like it so well, you'll choose to route all email accounts through that one app.

Your alternative would be to fiddle around every day with changing your sync settings, or worse, getting an app to do that for you.

Try K-9, post back if it has the scheduling features that will work for you.

wchunter likes this.