1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Email Accounts - Receiving Dual Notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by leeac, Feb 17, 2011.

1. leeac

leeac Lurker

I have multiple email accounts (Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo). When I receive emails to any of these, I receive an almost instantaneous notification and the icon appears at the top of the screen. However, for some reason, a few minutes later, I always receive a "duplicate" notification for that same email.

After reading some forum threads, I see that this is not an uncommon problem, but there aren't any solid fixes. The consensus is that the phone contains a "stock Email app" and then also individual apps for "Gmail app", etc... so the solution would be to shut off the "stock Email app" so the duplicate notifications do not appear. My problem is, I cannot find where to shut off the "stock Email app".

I have tried: Apps/Settings/Sounds&Displays (shutting off the notification ringtone) but this doesn't work

I have also tried messing around with : Apps/Settings/Accounts & Sync with the various options, but it does not work either.

I have also tried shutting off the individual email apps notifications, but for some reason, that prevents some of the email apps from providing any notifications through the "stock email app".

As it stands now, every time I receive an email, I get dual notifications.

Can someone help with how to shut off the "stock email app" email notification?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. tehmagwi

tehmagwi Lurker

Hi, I usually have this issue on my android devices because I download a 2nd sms app as well.

For whichever one you're not using, be it the stock Email app or Gmail, go into the application itself, and then hit menu and then settings. Turn off the notification in the app. If you do it through the main settings menu thats for all notifications but this seperates it so that just one app will notify you instead of 2. If you ever dl a 2nd sms thing also you would do the same thing with the stock messages app.

I hope this helps!

Update: I'm sorry, I just reread the bottom where you tried this solution already. This has always worked for me. I guess disregard :X