• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email: Adding a Google Apps Email Account to Samsung Fascinate..

Adding my Google App email account is not working for my Verizon Samsung Fascinate. Anybody out here on the forum had success of adding one and more important having it work? If you have the formula-let me know, or if I an SOL let me know as well. (my email is from a domain at Name.Com) i.e. john@company.com:)

What app are you using? I was able to add my Gapps email account to Gmail, K9 and Maildroid.

Are you setting up imap? Make sure to use the FULL email (not just username) for sign-in.

Upvote 0
What app are you using? I was able to add my Gapps email account to Gmail, K9 and Maildroid.

Are you setting up imap? Make sure to use the FULL email (not just username) for sign-in.

I have a google apps account as well. Click on the instructions below.

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=114408

I can receive and send email. The only problem now on DL30, the standard email client only downloads the headers. When you click on the link, it says Unable to load message. Message to long. K9 works just fine though.

Reactions: speedracer888
Upvote 0
One other think I've found: on Samsung phones, somethimes there are both 'mail' and 'gmail' apps - use the gmail app if you put your google account on the phone.

Also, if you use google voice for your voicemail, download and install google voice and use it instead of the Samsung app.

I just had to do this for a friend last week.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones