1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Email and Sync/Contacts Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TexasBadger, Sep 15, 2011.

1. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Android Enthusiast

Dec 10, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Dallas Area
    I have been the proud owner of a Droid Bionic for about 12 hours. My previous phone was a Droid Eris. Obviously I like the massive hardware upgrade, but after a couple of hours of fiddling I have a couple of quick questions:

1] I have three email accounts set up, one Exchange and two POP. All three are active and working, but the email shortcut only opens the Exchange account. With the Eris, I could toggle within the email app between all three accounts. Ditto in my Asus Transformer. Any thoughts on how to do this with the Bionic?

2] I have synced my contacts with Exchange, but the images didn't come through. In other words, all the face shots are blank. On my Eris and also on my Asus Transformer, the images synced right along with anything else. I hate the thought of copying and pasting a ton of tiny photos. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Advertisement

2. sevenfourty

sevenfourty Newbie
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    for #1, i noticed this too. i used to have a Droid 2 which allowed me to filter through each of my email accounts within the email app. with the Bionic, it seems like the email app only shows your default account. not sure if this is a bug or if it's just a limitation with the new UI/Gingerbread. if you want to go through each account, you have to use the Messaging app with the mailbox icon. or what i do is have each account split up and place them on my home screen. you need to long press on the home screen, tap shortcuts, tap email and you can choose the individual account from there. not sure about #2 though.