1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Email and Voice Commands just won't die!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Thrillian, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Thrillian

Thrillian New Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I am a new Android user, as I recently upgraded from an LG Dare to the Samsung Fascinate. I can usually figure out things out on my own, and I have done a lot of forum reading and research, but I just can't figure this issue out, so I decided to make a post of my own.

I downloaded the Advanced Task Killer shortly after getting my phone at the recommendation of many friends and forums. Every single time I open it, two applications are always on the list...Email (which I don't use, because I only have a gmail account, which I use the gmail app for), and voice commands (another thing I do not use, nor plan to use much). How do I get these applications to stop starting themselves up in the background?

Also, I have found that almost every time I open up the ATK, there are apps running that I have not opened. I have Auto-Sync turned off, and Background Data unchecked.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Another topic....

My battery life is confusing. I would say I'm a pretty light user, now that the newness has worn off a bit and I'm not using the phone every minute of the day to check facebook, watch videos, or take pics/vids (they're so pretty...I just couldn't keep my hands off this thing the first few days)

I have been leaving it on the charger every night, as it has gotten down to being in the orange status every day, but last night I took it off the charger and made a phone call right before bed, then didn't put it back on the charger because it was at 100% and I assumed I wouldn't need to charge it until the next night. When I woke up, the battery was flashing red (almost 0%). No apps were running, I have no widgets in use, and I have auto-everything unchecked. No GPS or Bluetooth either. I thought I was being smart about how to up the battery life, but I feel I'm missing something.

I was prepared for charging every night, but was not prepared for the battery to die without the phone being used!

Thank you for any tips/tricks/suggestions!!

Other than these issues, I LOVE this phone!

Advertisement