• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email and Voice Commands just won't die!

Thrillian

Lurker
Oct 13, 2010
I am a new Android user, as I recently upgraded from an LG Dare to the Samsung Fascinate. I can usually figure out things out on my own, and I have done a lot of forum reading and research, but I just can't figure this issue out, so I decided to make a post of my own.

I downloaded the Advanced Task Killer shortly after getting my phone at the recommendation of many friends and forums. Every single time I open it, two applications are always on the list...Email (which I don't use, because I only have a gmail account, which I use the gmail app for), and voice commands (another thing I do not use, nor plan to use much). How do I get these applications to stop starting themselves up in the background?

Also, I have found that almost every time I open up the ATK, there are apps running that I have not opened. I have Auto-Sync turned off, and Background Data unchecked.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Another topic....

My battery life is confusing. I would say I'm a pretty light user, now that the newness has worn off a bit and I'm not using the phone every minute of the day to check facebook, watch videos, or take pics/vids (they're so pretty...I just couldn't keep my hands off this thing the first few days)

I have been leaving it on the charger every night, as it has gotten down to being in the orange status every day, but last night I took it off the charger and made a phone call right before bed, then didn't put it back on the charger because it was at 100% and I assumed I wouldn't need to charge it until the next night. When I woke up, the battery was flashing red (almost 0%). No apps were running, I have no widgets in use, and I have auto-everything unchecked. No GPS or Bluetooth either. I thought I was being smart about how to up the battery life, but I feel I'm missing something.

I was prepared for charging every night, but was not prepared for the battery to die without the phone being used!

Thank you for any tips/tricks/suggestions!!

Other than these issues, I LOVE this phone!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones