1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email APK, Removing stock apps.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SmokemyPole88, Feb 9, 2011.

1. SmokemyPole88

SmokemyPole88 Well-Known Member

Ok can someone hook me up with the apk for this email app in the pic below.
    [​IMG]

How do I remove stock apps?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rootmepls

Rootmepls Android Enthusiast

Stock apps like in Bloatware? Most custom ROMs remove all bloatware. As far as the email app goes. Its just an icon. Can't really be sure.

3. SmokemyPole88

well that Email app works alot better then stock HTC one.

4. aburgthing

aburgthing Well-Known Member

The best way to remove stock apps is by getting Titanium Backup. There are both free and paid versions. The paid version allows you to freeze apps as well as batch backup and/or restore. I found the best way to use Titanium is to "freeze" the app in question first. Sometimes certain apps have dependencies and if you simply uninstall you may wind up in boot loops etc. or you can simply change you mind and "thaw" an app. After freezing an app and assessing your system's stability, you can cut it loose for good. The most notorious bloatware, e.g. Sprint Nascar, Sprint Football, Nova etc. you can just delete.

This list is a good starting point. But just remember, because you CAN delete them does not mean you always should.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=769528&highlight=apps+safe+remove

All of the above assume you are rooted and have a recent Nand backup; always recommended when changing your system.

5. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

If you're asking what I think you're asking, you want to replace the stock HTC email app with the AOSP email app; is that correct? If so, does your phone have root? If not, this is kind of pointless, as you'll need that to both remove the current one (as has been explained here) and to push the AOSP one to /system/app. I found a flashable zip here, but it's fairly old. I'm going to guess there's something newer out there. If need be, I can extract it from a more updated ROM that has it, for you. That being said, I'll only do it if you have root, and have the ability to push it to /system/app, and can actually use it.

6. SmokemyPole88

Yes I'm rooted. With S - Off.

I'm running Wyrns Warm 2.2 Rom.

7. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

Moved thread to the All Things Root sub-forum

8. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews