1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email APP for work that does not delete on Server

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jrsitman, Jul 28, 2018.

1. jrsitman

jrsitman Lurker

I currently use Touchdown on my work phone and love it, however, it is no longer supported. The main feature I am looking for is to delete an email from the phone but "Not" from the server.

I have tried several and none have this feature. I figured it would be easier to ask the Forum.

Does anyone know of such an APP?

Thanks,

J.R. Sitman
    Director of IT
    spcaLA

2. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

You could try Gmail:

Create a new label such as "MobDeleted" on your desktop login, then for each mail you want to fake delete select the email(s) and then hit options and choose "Move to" instead of "Change Label" on your mobile.

This will remove your email(s) from view on your mobile, but will still show when you login via the desktop. It will just feature the label "MobDeleted".

Not sure if this will work for you, but it's an option. :goofydroid:

3. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

With Outlook you can mark things as Archived, which moves them to the archived folder, but they remain on the server

4. jrsitman

jrsitman Lurker

I did not know that about Outlook. I will test.

Thanks

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Most email apps let you archive things. I'm pretty sure that MailDroid and AquaMail both let you decide whether deleting on the phone also deletes on the server (at least for some types of account). I vaguely remember K9 having that, but it's been a while since I used that.

(Of course I'm the opposite, I want what I do on one device to be mirrored everywhere, so I always made sure that option was not selected).

6. jrsitman

jrsitman Lurker

Thanks. I will test those.

7. dt7301

dt7301 Newbie

Most accounts use IMAP, so the mail is synchronised across devices.

Before IMAP there was the POP protocol which fetched emails from the server onto the device and removed them from the server.

That's the opposite of what you want however most apps had a tick-box "Leave copy of email on the server" in the account settings which did exactly what you do want.

8. jrsitman

jrsitman Lurker

So far Maildroid is working with a few exceptions. I cannot figure out how to get it to sync quicker, such as every 5 minutes and the icon does not show that any new emails have arrived, which is a nice feature. I did contact support yesterday. No answer yet.

9. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Icon badges are a launcher feature. I know that MailDroid can provide badges with Nova Launcher and the TeslaUnread add-on, don't know about Samsung launchers (my tablet has a much older version, but I use Nova on that anyway).

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews