1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Email app missing some incoming emails

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by reburns, Feb 7, 2014.

1. reburns

reburns Newbie
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    G'day,

I'm using the stock email app on a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD 4.1.2, Microsoft Outlook on a Windoze 7 PC both using POP3, and I also have webmail access for a closer look at the what's on the email server. The last couple weeks the phone has not been getting all the incoming emails, and I don't see out why.

Many of these missed emails come from my volunteer fire department, and I really want to be seeing those. This morning a couple messages from eBay seller questions didn't come thru, and those are not terribly important. Most messages come through, so I don't see why some are missed. The messages will still be on the server unread (as long as the PC Outlook isn't running). I've had Droid phones ever since they came out, and the stock email app has otherwise worked. I have Outlook leave messages on the server for four weeks.

I have another email address serviced by Google and it runs thru the stock Gmail app without missing any messages.

What gives?

Advertisement

2. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Marked as spam?

Dave

3. reburns

reburns Newbie
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    No, and I have no spam filter on the phone.

I did try the K9 email app, and all emails came thru. When stetting up the K9, it occured to me to remove and re-add the email address to the stock email app. So far so good, I got those emails which were previously missing to show up on the stock app. I'm guessing something got corrupted in the email list maintained by the app.

It that continues to work, it wasn't too painful.

- Ralph

4. reburns

reburns Newbie
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    What I did above to remove and re-add the account to the stock email app DIDN'T fix the problem. It still misses some emails; most of which are from my volunteer fire department and are forwarded from my FD email to my normal email before they hit me. I get all the forwarded emails on my PC's Outlook.

???

5. reburns

reburns Newbie
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    This one is still plaguing me. Any suggestions?