• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
It can make a noise, go into Settings --> Sound --> Notification sound and set it from there. This sound is for any notification, not just e-mails, but it works for me :) And with certain apps you can override the sound with a different one, for example if you go into the settings for the SMS app you can set a tone in there for SMS. Same for GMail.

Upvote 0
I used to have this issue when I was on 2.1 so I got used to manually checking my emails using the stock email client.

Worked perfectly on 2.2 but have not started forwarding all my hotmail emails to the googlemail account I set up when I got the desire. This means all emails are now pushed to my phone from google rather than me using my connection to download them.

Really easy to do if you want. Just go into settings in your hotmail, then more settings and you will see the forwarding option in there. Been doing it for a couple of days now and working lovely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones