• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

email attachments

nscopes

Lurker
Feb 13, 2014
Hello All, my issue is not being able to attach office documents any more from my tablet.
It has worked fine for the last 3 months, may be it was something that was removed in an update. I need my tablet to do certain things and if this function isn't available any more I will have to get either IPAD air or surface pro.
Can anyone shed light on this please.

I am running Kit Kat 4.4.2 stock using the stock Android mail client and I just was able to attach an Excel file and a Word document, so it's not being limited by Android.

Open a new message, click the menu button and choose "Attach Picture" (yeah, I know, it's silly). When you see the images, swipe the screen to the right and you'll get an option to use a file browser. All you need to do then is find your file and select it.

Upvote 0
Hello thank you for replying.
1) Iam using a prestigio multipad 4 quantum pmp5297c quad.
2) this problem happens when using all 3 methods of sending mail, gmail, the mail app on the home screen and logging in to yahoo.com through the chrome browser.
3) I am using android version 4.2.2
4) this problem happens with any office suite I use, apache openoffice, quick office, and the preinstalled office suite from mobile systems.
5) when trying to attach office documents it launches the office app then you browse and it says that the location is empty.

That's all the info I have please help.

Upvote 0
5) when trying to attach office documents it launches the office app then you browse and it says that the location is empty.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here.

Are you trying to send the attachment through the office app? Or when you select attach in the email program it launches your office suite? OR, are you trying to open an email attachment that you've received?

From the compose window of your email program you should be able to attach a file without regard to which app created it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones