1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Email Body not Showing Up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dacompmandan, Jun 2, 2011.

1. dacompmandan

dacompmandan Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    I have a Droid 2 phone with Exchange email set up. Just within the last week I have had problems viewing my emails. This does not happen with all of them, just a select few.

I can see the text preview of the first few words while sorting through my messages, when I tap to view the entire message I cannot see any of the email. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to correct this?

Note: There is not a task killer on this phone.

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hopefully one of your fellow device users will have an answer for you. I would like to extend a welcome to AF and I'm sorry you are having problems with your email.

3. droupou

droupou Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    I just wanted to state, I have two Optimus V phones, one is exhibiting this issue, the other is not. I have compared the two as best I know how, and cannot find any differences. The email settings are identical. Are there settings outside of the EMAIL application?

4. hallamy3

hallamy3 Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm having the same problem on the HTC EVO. Does anyone have an answer?:eek:

5. actruckin

actruckin Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    I'm having the same problem and it's only on random emails (HTC Inspire). I get who it's from, subject, and attachment if there. However, no body to the email. The only solution that I have found so far is using Google Fetch to fetch my mail from the POP3 account and divert it as a copy to my gmail account. I can see everything when I do that, but it is a pain in the butt when I open up my HTC email and I see nothing. Is there any kind of setting that I am missing or possibly a ISP problem for my POP3 account (Cbeyond is the provider). Also, I can't read RTF files on my email, but no problem with GMAIL. Any thoughts?

6. hallamy3

hallamy3 Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    HERE IS THE ANSWER: download the MailDroid App. It's free. Icon is a blue robospider on a yellow envelope. It replaces your regular email app. I found out b/c I went to a Sprint store and walked up to two techs and told them the problem and they said their friend had the same problem. I walked out 5 min later with working email! No charge! I am an aol user and apparently it doesn't always jive with the phone...I wasn't receiving optonline messages from my daughters coach when sent from his home computer. Weird and enough to drive me crazy. GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE IT WORKS FOR EVERYONE WITH THIS PROBLEM.