• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email Client (Non-Gmail) Will Not Sync

RajCaj

Jul 12, 2011
I've noticed recently (not sure if it's from the last Android update) that my Hotmail account will not sync.

In the past, it was set to "Push" updates, and would show new emails as they were delivered.

I've set it for "Push" updates and it will not bring in new emails. If I click on the "Refresh" button at the bottom of the email client, it says "Email Sync Turned Off"

When I go into my email account's Sync settings, "Sync Email" is checked off (selected), but says in small print below "Master sync has been turned off"

If I deselect (uncheck) "Sync Email", it says in small print "Sync turned off"...and still doesn't work.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

Also make sure "Sync" is turned on from the drop down menu from the status bar.

Screenshot_2014-08-14-19-45-41.png

Upvote 0
Go to your Android home screen and press Menu>Settings>Accounts and select the account you want to sync and then make sure sync is on for it. This is not in the e-mail client but in the phone's main settings.

If neither of those work for you..... Then remove Hotmail account. And then power phone down, then power back up. Then add Hotmail account again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones