• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email clients

gamul1

Android Enthusiast
Apr 24, 2010
Just curious what email clients people are using? I have an exchange account as well as some Yahoo and Google accounts. I don't think gmail can configure non gmail accounts. Just curious what others are using.

BTW - Yes - I bought the Xoom WiFi today. So far - I love this thing!

I just wish I could still get that Water live wallpaper (the one with the floating autumn leaves). I tried to down load a Froyo version but it force closes all the time.

I use the stock loaded xoom email for my works exchange server, and gmail. also I have 2 other email services and I have google check them if you go to (www.gmail.com, settings, accounts and imports) you can set up to have your gmail account check other pop3 accounts. very cool!

Doesn't that just combine all your emails into a single inbox? I can't do that - I need to distinguish between each of the accounts. My three accounts, my wifes account, my sons accounts, etc.

Upvote 0
I use touchdown for tablets. I have been using touchdown for about a year. It will not pull in email from other accounts though.

The standard email client for android will handle all the things you noted and you can set up separate boxes for each one. I found the exchange integration wasn't good enough for me but that may be because my work is still on 2003 exchange.

I have no major complaints with touchdown.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I finally got the stock email to work. I could not make it work before on my exchange account but finally got it working.

And I do pay for the yahoo plus. I got tired years ago changing my email address every time I changed service providers and hitched my wagon to yahoo. Probably would have gone gmail if it had been out then.

Thanks everyone for al the helpful feedback.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones