• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email Combined Inbox Shortcut

Just figured out that you can just long-press on the home screen (sorry, not sure of the correct saying - just got the Droid yesterday) and select shortcut, select email, then select the email you want to put on the home screen.

You can then add all the email accounts to the home screen then remove the combined shortcut.

1st Post!!!!

Upvote 0
Thanks colnago,

That is definitely what I was looking for. I did do some searches for creating a 'Make Your Own' shortcut and it seems way beyond any of my know-how.

If anyone knows what the 'Action' 'Data' and 'Type' for doing this, I would much appreciate it!

In the mean time, for anyone who is looking to do the same thing, I purchased 'Better Cut' from the market (Anycut's full version) - I then chose 'New Shortcut' > 'Activity' > 'Email: Welcome'. This creates a link that that shows the Combined Inbox as well as a list of your email accounts. It's better than nothing at this point, but a direct link would be much better.

Blue-R, unfortunately the way you described is creating shortcuts to individual email accounts. I am looking for one shortcut to show a combined inbox.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones