1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General email days vs quantity

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jlb0305, Sep 5, 2013.

1. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I've looked all over and not found anything on this.

I had 2 HTC phones before my galaxy (incredible and rezound). The HTC email app allowed me to sync a certain number of days of email instead of a number of emails. This worked great for me and my wife as nothing changed as you deleted emails. Now on my S4 if I delete an email an old one pops up as new (unread notice on icon). Is there another android email app like the HTC one that will allow me to sync a number of days not emails? Or does anyone know if I pull the app from my root zip files on my laptop for the rezound if it will work on the S4 -> I figure it needs some sense stuff for widgets to function but the core app may not need sense.

Really I just want an email app (preferably free) that has a similar function to the HTC one. Every one I find has the quantity of email option though not a time option.

Advertisement

2. scott_

scott_ Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2011
    electrician
    Central Iowa
    My Gmail app has a settings option to set the # of days for sync. I think the default is 30 days.

3. jlb0305

Apr 8, 2010
    Sorry I meant for non gmail (other email addresses) it keeps pulling email i've already read and listing them as new/unread after I delete an email.

4. jlb0305

Apr 8, 2010
    Ok if there isn't an app is there a way to stop enail older than a few days from reappearing in my inbox after deleting them or stop emails from reappearing as new after they have left the inbox then reappear.