1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Email disappears once refreshed

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Nicely, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Nicely

Nicely Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    IT Tech
    Belfast
    Hey Everyone!

Just new to Forums so firstly HELLO! Been on a few times reading but never posted :)

Anyways hoping someone can help me with this strange one.

Trying to get NTLWORLD email set up on a GalaxyS 2 using the standard android email app. I can get the settings in ok (pop.ntlworld.com/smtp.ntlworld.com) and it receives the emails ok , but as soon as I hit refresh they all disappear! Ive set this up number of times on other phones for other people and never had this. Anyone seem this before?

Thanks
    Phil (Nicely)

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Sounds like the app just mirrors what's on the POP server and that another email client is accessing the POP account and removing the email from the server. I'd strongly suggest switching to something more current than a POP account but in most cases that's not an option for people. You may want to try another app that doesn't handle email this way.

You could also set the other POP client to leave mail on the server.

3. Nicely

Nicely Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    IT Tech
    Belfast
    Cheers for that mate, was thinking of trying a new Mail Client as i've set Thunderbird on the PC to leave server copies. Just hoping its something simple like the client though I cant understand why that would be.

I'll pop on K9-Mail and have a look at that, the guys on here seem to rate it fairly highly overall.

I'll update if any progress.. Thanks again!

Phil