• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email doesn't refresh after a day

mr2always

Lurker
Dec 6, 2009
Hey there,
I have the new Motorola Droid, and have been using it for ALMOST a month. I think the only complaint that I have is after using the phone for about 8-10hrs, it seems like my hotmail account no longer refreshes. What I usually have to do, is to shut down and restart the phone in order for new emails to show up. Anyone else have this issue? I haven't had any issues with phone rebooting or such. Just this one issue. I have till the 14th to exchange the phone, do you think its wise to do so? Not sure if its an issue with the phone, or something that could be fixed with future firmware upgrades. And I typically don't ever shut off my phones, and just recharge it every night.

And another thing, how do we know if we got the OTA software update? Will this show up as a firmware version change, like 2.1 or such?
Cheers,
Mike

Yeah, I have Background data, Auto-sync "checked" within the Accounts and Sync settings. Like is said, it updates throughout the day until 8-10hrs into the day. By the time I get home from work, I notice that I have emails in my account via PC, but my phone won't refresh unless I shut down and restart the phone.
Thanks,
Mike

Upvote 0
em... still maybe a dumb question, but even if u have those checked you still need to make sure each account below that is also checked and set to sync...

the only other thing I can think of is that your hotmail account isnt pushing the data very frequently, maybe there is an option for how often it pushes the emails?

I don't think you can configure hotmail sync from web access. Any sync schedule will be done from the phone. User needs to check sync settings for whichever email app being used. If the native, I'd change to either Gmail, or K-9 Mail

Upvote 0
:thinking:

So are you saying that you used the "Corporate Exchange" interface to setup and manage your hotmail accounts?

Or do you click on the "Email" icon, under the apps tab, to access Hotmail? The "Email" app is separate from the GMail app and icon. Either way, the only POP3 apps wich manage POP3 accounts properly are:

1. Login online to Gmail, and import POP3 account via your settings tab...let GMail app manage Hotmail account.

2. Install K-9 Mail, and manage POP3 account (though Hotmail Plus accounts may have issues).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones