1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email (Exchange) killing battery and data on ICS 4.x (Nexus S)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by thedynamix, Apr 14, 2012.

1. thedynamix

thedynamix Newbie

Hi guys,

Ever since forcing the ICS update just before Christmas last year (to ICS 4.0.2 I think) I have noticed SEVERE battery drainage and absolute ass--kicking of mobile data when using the Email app (synced to my work Microsoft Exchange).

Since then, I've only been able to sync Exchange email when on WiFi and close to a charger!

I was hoping ICS 4.0.4 would fix this, but it is still as severe as ever and it's really ANNOYING! I cannot pick up work emails on the go because my data (750MB) and battery will both be almost completely depleted after about 6 hours.. Seriously.. No exaggeration at all.

Someone else must surely have experienced this also?

Any ideas for a fix???

Loving Android ICS other than that, but if this persists, I'll be swapping over to Apple or Windows.... These are BASIC things!!

Thanks,

Nick

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. thedynamix

thedynamix Newbie

Anyone out there??

3. scooterinmn

scooterinmn Member

I had the same problem with the stock email app. I'm on Sprint so the data wasn't an issue but the battery hit was ridiculous! It wasn't that great with GB but the problem seemed to get worse with ICS. My solution was to remove the account and to install Touchdown. Best move I could have made! Great program and there is a trial for it. Give it a go.