1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support email "feature"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rainbowgoblin, Jul 1, 2010.

1. rainbowgoblin

rainbowgoblin Member

Jun 6, 2010
    I have two Gmail accounts, so I've got one associated with the Gmail app, but I use the email app for my other. I was recently travelling for awhile, so just using my phone to send email, and I discovered when I got back that if I had been composing an email, and hit the home button before sending or saving the message, it would both save the message to drafts and send it immediately. I'd get a little message saying that the message had been saved to drafts, but had no idea I was sending these little incomplete messages full of garbled text.

Has anyone else seen this? It's annoying, but since I think I know what causes it, I think I can try to avoid it. It's just that I use the email app for my work-related email in particular, so I'm more often looking things up in the browser or in some other document while I'm typing an email.

Advertisement

2. h0odlam

h0odlam Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    No problems with mine
    If you dont like using the app, use the browser. gmail has a mobile touch site and it works just as fine

3. rainbowgoblin

rainbowgoblin Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Yeah, I think that's what I'll do. It's a nicer interface anyway.

The thing is, I can also avoid the issue if I just finish typing emails before going to another screen. Probably also works if I explicitly save a draft rather than just hitting the home button. I might not have even noticed if I hadn't been so aggressively fact-checking while writing a few work-related emails. Oh well.

4. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Aylmer, Quebec
    I have the same problem.

If I click on "Save Draft" it sends me an e-mail, but not to the recipient though. Same thing happens if I push the "power" button.

I think it's really annoying, today I was disturbed by colleagues 4 times while writing an e-mail, ended up with 6 e-mails in my Inbox back at home, 5 drafts and 1 actual e-mail.

Anyone has an idea how to disable this? Also the Gmail app doesn't seem to work well with the notifications, so I'd prefer to stay with the E-Mail app.