• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have two Gmail accounts, so I've got one associated with the Gmail app, but I use the email app for my other. I was recently travelling for awhile, so just using my phone to send email, and I discovered when I got back that if I had been composing an email, and hit the home button before sending or saving the message, it would both save the message to drafts and send it immediately. I'd get a little message saying that the message had been saved to drafts, but had no idea I was sending these little incomplete messages full of garbled text.

Has anyone else seen this? It's annoying, but since I think I know what causes it, I think I can try to avoid it. It's just that I use the email app for my work-related email in particular, so I'm more often looking things up in the browser or in some other document while I'm typing an email.

Yeah, I think that's what I'll do. It's a nicer interface anyway.

The thing is, I can also avoid the issue if I just finish typing emails before going to another screen. Probably also works if I explicitly save a draft rather than just hitting the home button. I might not have even noticed if I hadn't been so aggressively fact-checking while writing a few work-related emails. Oh well.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem.

If I click on "Save Draft" it sends me an e-mail, but not to the recipient though. Same thing happens if I push the "power" button.

I think it's really annoying, today I was disturbed by colleagues 4 times while writing an e-mail, ended up with 6 e-mails in my Inbox back at home, 5 drafts and 1 actual e-mail.

Anyone has an idea how to disable this? Also the Gmail app doesn't seem to work well with the notifications, so I'd prefer to stay with the E-Mail app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones