1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Email/Gmail Just Went Away?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SueKerr, Jan 2, 2012.

1. SueKerr

SueKerr Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    I have had the phone for about 6 weeks. On Day 1, I set up "Email" with my primary gmail account. I then added to other "email" accounts (also, gmail) for a total of 3. I did NOT use the gmail app, just the regular email app.

Today, I was trying to get the Google+ app to switch accounts so I signed out of my primary gmail account on G+ and then back in using one of my other accounts, connected to a different G+ account. After a few minutes, I signed back out and then in to my original G+ account.

About 30 minutes later, I realized that I hadn't received email. I tapped "email" and "combined accounts" only to see that ALL three accounts were empty. All the messages were gone. I checked my computer and everything is fine with gmail itself. The settings seemed the same. So I tried to send mail to myself using all three accounts which are set to BCC themselves. The messages were successfully sent from the phone. They were received by my computer. But they were never pushed to the phone and the BCC never showed up anywhere.

I am perplexed. I don't really understand the difference between using "email" and "gmail" apps. I also use the yahoo app and that's working fine.

I have three email address
    1. Personal, main address
    2. Persona, professional address
    3. Work/Volunteer, professional address

I need to make "1" the main address, but I'm not even sure how to check that.

Advertisement