• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email/Gmail speed...

Why does it take 15-30 seconds for me to get my gmail either thru the included email app or the added Gmail app? Everything else on this phone is blazing fast but email has been the one sore spot. Sometimes it won't even pull the latest email. I've looked at the settings but seem to be missing something obvious.

Don't know that I have a specific answer for you, but the speed with which I get my emails to the Gmail app varies. Sometimes, I get notified on my phone before they have shown up in my inbox on the computer, sometimes it is nearly simultaneous, and sometimes I get the phone notification anywhere between 10 seconds and a minute or two after it automatically shows up on my laptop.

I have the emails set to push, and I'm not sure why it varies from time to time, but it does...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones