• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

email - hotmail

cultor

Apr 22, 2010
I use hotmail on the standard email program.
At first mails older then 3 days just vanished from my phone...
I went into settings and changed mail to download from 3 days to all.
So far so good.

But from time to time I get "new mail" but these are mails that have been sitting in my inbox for a few weeks (on the phone I mean)

How come?
or is there another alternative? An app that links to hotmail (really link and not donload the mial to phone) and even refreshes at specific times to alert you if you have new mail?

I use hotmail on the standard email program.
At first mails older then 3 days just vanished from my phone...
I went into settings and changed mail to download from 3 days to all.
So far so good.

But from time to time I get "new mail" but these are mails that have been sitting in my inbox for a few weeks (on the phone I mean)

How come?
or is there another alternative? An app that links to hotmail (really link and not donload the mial to phone) and even refreshes at specific times to alert you if you have new mail?

As you have changed your settings to download all, your phone will download the older emails each time as they sit in your inbox at hotmail till you delete them.
Set you phone back to 3 days or less to stop from downloading old emails, or delete the old ones from the hotmail website

Upvote 0
update:

I have set my Gmail so that it automaticly imports any new mail from hotmail. Then deleted my hotmail settings on the desire (off course)
So I now get my mail via gmail on the desire.

one question though: When I get new mail the LED isn't blinking... is there a setting I am missing??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones