1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email image dloads can't be stopped easily

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by catmek64, Apr 12, 2012.

1. catmek64

catmek64 Newbie

With my skyrocket email client (not the gmail client), I click on any particular email, and discover that it has 100 images !!!!! GRRR! I hate those emails !!:mad: :mad:. The question, I can't stop it from fetching them off the net, and it keeps the dloads up, even when I delete that email. The only way I can stop it, is go into "flight mode" I can't find a "stop" anywhere. Sure eats up a lot of my available data. Any ideas?:mad:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Showme

Showme Newbie

I asked the same question a few weeks ago and got no replies so I guess we are stuck with it. Sure is frustrating to watch precious battery resources wasted.

catmek64 likes this.
  3. catmek64

catmek64 Newbie

And, I even did a search, and found nothing related to the problem. I guess I just gotta quit trying to open anything in Charter email. There should be some kind of regulations about all those images, anyway. An attachment, that's different. I can chose on that one. And, a battery killer, it is. I'm worried that the usb connector's life is going to be real short. So, I keep it oiled with commutator oil in an attempt to extend it's life. And, of course, I carry a spare.

4. Showme

Showme Newbie

I use Comcast and have the same concern so I'm not sure who needs to install a "don't download" button. :rolleyes:

I hope a "delete all" button for email shows up too. Given the extreme amount of spam getting through, that would be neat.........

5. catmek64

catmek64 Newbie

Dumped that "junk" original Email client, and went with K-9. 100 times better, and it's soooooo much faster. That original client even poked along deleting items. What an improvement, this K-9. A bit ticklish to set-up with Charter.com, but got it playing nice with Office.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews