• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email Inbox issue

piyushb

Lurker
Jul 27, 2010
Hi all,
I have successfully configured my company email (POP3) account in x10 mini. But I am not able to see complete Inbox. I have read any email it will be automatically disable after some time means not able to see old email which I have received.
So please suggest how I can see complete inbox (I have already set 800 emails in inbox)
-Piyush

Not sure where you can't see the emails.
But you should use IMAP instead of POP3, as the latter will downlaod the messages to your phone and not keep a copy on the server so you can read them later when you're back at your work desktop.

If you use POP3, and can only see new emails on the phone and not the rest that you've got in you email program at work, that's because your email client at work has downloaded them (pop3).

So, to see everything on both locations you need to use IMAP on both instaed of POP3.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure you would want 800+ emails downloaded to your phone. It would take a long time and fill up your memory card some what.

As MiniDroid says IMAP would probably be the better option if the mail server supports it or if the server is Exchange then active sync would be another option.

If you want pop3 then you could check settings\Sony Ericsson\email the setting you require should be in there. As standard it looks like you're set to download 50 emails.

Reactions: jaisonnu
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones