• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email intent - "All apps associated with this action have been turned off, blocked, or not installed

My app is sending an email with an attachment using an Intent:

Code:
 Intent emailIntent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_SEND); Uri emailUri = new FileHelper().getUri(file, context); 
emailIntent.putExtra(Intent.EXTRA_STREAM, emailUri); 
emailIntent.setFlags(Intent.FLAG_GRANT_READ_URI_PERMISSION);
// set other stuff like to and from address 
context.startActivity(Intent.createChooser(emailIntent, message.chooserMessage));

A user is reporting that when performing this action, he gets the message "All apps associated with this action have been turned off, blocked, or not installed". I happen to have the same type of phone and tested with no problems, so it is specific to some kind of configuration on his device. He says he has three email apps installed (default, GMail, and something called Blue Mail) and all are configured and work properly. I have looked through everything I can find online about this error and can't find anything applicable to my situation. Anyone have ideas on what to try other than telling him to factory reset?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones