1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Email/Internet and Instagram Camera issues!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amna_a, Dec 14, 2012.

1. amna_a

amna_a Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2012
    Hi everyone!

Just got my Galaxy Note II and it's driving me crazy!! I seem to have alot of issues. I don't know if it's because i do not know how to use it yet or if there is something actually wrong with it. Here are some of the issues that i am facing:

1. When i receive an e-mail on my notification bar i clear it. Then after a while i keep getting the same notification again!!! Which leads me to think that i got a new e-mail but i actually didn't !!! My settings are currently on the following:

Sync Schedule > Peak Schedule: Never > Off Peak Schedule: Every 5 min > Peak Days: non ticked > Peak Start 8:00 AM > Peak End: 5:00 PM

2. Internet home page. I cannot change the default page that is saved on my phone. I went to internet > Settings > General > Set Home Page > Default Page and there is a website there that i cannot change!!

3. Instagram camera keeps crashing every time i use it to take a picture. I know i can use the phone camera but still it's annoying me that the application is not working properly on my phone!

I would very much appreciate anyone's help with any of these problems that i am facing.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Hi amna_a!
    Welcome to AF!!
    I made a new thread for you so we can help you out with your issues:)

ScandaLeX and amna_a like this.
  3. TMD78

TMD78 Newbie
    None

Dec 12, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    I have issue number 1 as well. I'm on T-Mobile and I have a combined yahoo/gmail inbox.

I would say about 80% of the time that I actually check the box and delete an email that it will reappear within 15 minutes or so. Also, I just saw a notification pop up, looked and it said email just came in (current timestamp), i click the notification and my inbox pops up but sure enough it's an older email i already read. It's irritating to say the least and is actually why i logged in as I was about to open a new topic to see if it happens to anyone else.

4. amna_a

amna_a Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2012
    I'm beginning to dislike my note !!! I feel it's unreliable. I've been having so many issues with it that is getting on my nerves! Everyday something new pops up and i sit for hours trying to figure out how to resolve it. I mean the phone would be GREAT if it worked like it's suppose to but so far NOTHING is going right ! I went into my phone book tried calling a friend which i 100% remember saving her number and surprise surprise the number was not there !!! I only found her whatsaap ID and no number !!! I did not change any of my settings and my view contacts was on my gmail account and not my whatsaap !! HOW ANNOYING !!!!

5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    I wish I knew more about your device to offer more help, but would a factory reset help you? I know you will lose everything, but perhaps it would help.
    Otherwise, could you bring it back for repair or replacement?

6. BufordTJustice

None

Dec 3, 2012
    Male
    School
    Wisconsin
    problem 1
    sounds like an email setting problem, since you just got the phone the mail settings probably got messed up at some point switching to your note. If you take the phone to where ever you got it the sales reps will probably be able to fix it, they are generally good with that type of question because it happens to a lot of people.

Problem 2
    Just download chrome or some other browser from the play store and see if that works

Problem 3
    Some apps just do that, I remember downloading quite a few apps on my iPhone and once and a while you would get one that just refused to work, or if they updated the app it would stop working. Time might be your only fix for that one, wait till they update the app.

7. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me
    None

May 4, 2010
    Female
    PhiLLy
    I'd do a complete factory reset and start over. Just like on a PC, it's good to restart your phone before using an app. I do it all the time out of habit and so my app integrates nicely with the system.

As far as you email- you haven't said which app you're using. Your phone should have 2 email apps. Crazy I know but still.....One is gmail and the other is Samsung's built in email app.

As far as changing your default page you've done everything right. What is the name of the current default page?

8. ren857

ren857 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    Female
    Issue number 2 is probably due to an app you installed that locked your homepage. It happens.

Like ScandaLex said, a complete factory reset is what you need to do.

9. ren857

ren857 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    Female
    Some third party apps don't play well together and they don't play well with stock apps as well. I recommend a fresh start for you too. Factory reset.

10. Cobravision

Cobravision Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    As far as I know, if you swipe away an email notification without actually reading it, it will come back if you get a new notification. I remember there was a setting to disable persistent notifications, but I can't find it.

The Instagram crashing was reported a while ago and was never fixed (don't know if this is a Samsung or Instagram problem). It only happens when you take a picture within the app. If you open the app and choose a picture taken with the stock camera, it works normally.

11. amna_a

amna_a Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2012
    Thank you all for caring enough to post replies. I really appreciate your efforts.

I visited a samsung shop today and showed them the issues i've been having and they said that a factory reset would probably resolve most of it. However, i've been experiencing a weird flash when ever i go through my contacts. This started happening 2 days ago. When i view one contact and go back it doesn't go back like it normally would the screen would hesitate 2 times then finally go back. When i showed it to the guy in samsung he said that it might be because of an application i downloaded that is stalling contacts (BUT I SHOWED HIM ALL THE APPS I HAVE THEY ARE ONLY 5 AND ALL ARE TRUSTED APPS SUCH AS FB AND TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM AND SO ON) so he said that will need to visit samsung's maintenance department and they might give me a new phone.

I'm annoyed! I know i should be happy i'm getting a new phone but the phone i have is new and i have so manny things on it now and it is such a hassle to transfer everything to a bran new phone and who knows if the new one will work properly anyway ??!!!!

12. amna_a

amna_a Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2012
    Hey Guys!! So i still did not get my new phone ... Guess i'm stuck with this one for a while.

I took your advice and reset my phone to factory settings. So far so good !

But i noticed something weird going it was happening before i reset my phone and still happening now after the reset.

When i use my S Planner my current settings are on:

- Event Notification: Set alerts and notifications: ALERT

-Select ring tone: On time

- Default reminder time: 15 min

I noticed that when i ADD A TASK ((NOT ADD AN EVENT)) i get a notification alert if the task was on the same day but if i add a task for a few days ahed i don't get any sort or alert or notification.

Is there something wrong with my phone or is this normal??

Please help!!!

13. miss_vickies

miss_vickies Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 30, 2012
    Female
    Toronto
    i get instagram crashing every time i use flash on my instagram camera... i also find that quite annoying.

also for whatever reason when i take pictures holding my phone normally and then choose to share via instagram a lot of the times it shows sideways... not sure why.

@amna_a dont get frustrated... i think with some updates most of these little annoyances should be fixed and you would be back to having a kick ass phone

14. amna_a

amna_a Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2012
    Hey everyone!

I have a few questions about my galaxy note 2 and was wondering if anyone could help:

1. How can i sort my tasks by time?

S planner >> Tasks >> ((Got a few things to do in there at different times)) >> menu >> sort by :( No time option so the tasks are arranges as i put them in even though one would be earlier than the other!!! Annoying!

2. I want you guys to try this and tell me if your phone freeze

You should already be logged into a Twitter account then try:

Settings >> Add account >> Click on Twitter to take you to the add another account page >> then hit the back button

Does your phone freeze??

15. amna_a

amna_a Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2012
    ahhh

one more thing i would like to add

What is the deal with the grey X's in circles that i get in my messages?!! I know it has something to do with Tango but i do not fully understand why they keep appearing...

They disappear when i restart my phone but then out of the blue and with out no warnings i get small grey x's in circles in my message box under some names of users who also use Tango :thinking: