1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Email is not syncing to delete read emails

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jake_mckim, Feb 19, 2011.

1. jake_mckim

jake_mckim Lurker
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    My Email app on my phone is showing that I have 99+ emails in my inbox. the email address is @msn.com and when I log into the email address from my computer I am able to delete older emails so I am only showing 3 messages in my inbox. The email app on my EVO is not syncing to update the deleted email; so i constantly show all of the emails.

I did try to uninstall and reinstall the app and it did sync properly but the problem remained and now I am back up to over 99+ emails.

Advertisement

2. Dolbytone

Dolbytone Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Motion Picture
    Connecticut - USA
    Yep, same here, exactly. My eMail is @ix.netcom.com (earthlink)

I purchased my EVO around Oct 2010 with a Sprint account. It worked fine. It sync'ed fine. Any messages I deleted off the webserver from my computer also disappeared from the EVO automatically as they were supposed to. That's what "sync'ing" is all about. Both ways-downloading any new messages AND getting rid of any that are not on the server anymore!

Then, around Jan 2011, I accepted "an update" that popped up one day and said was available. Sure, why not, I want to stay current. After the update, everything went to hell. The EVO has never sync'ed correctly since. In the mail app, when I do a "Sync", it never gets rid of the messages on the phone that I have already deleted on the webserver with my computer.

Also, for a little while, it did something that scrared me. All I had to do was read an eMail with my EVO, and it disappeared from the webserver. I didn't even tell the EVO to delete it...it just disappeared from the webserver. I took it back to SPrint about a month ago and they did a reset. It doesn't delete messages from the server anymore when I just read them with the EVO. However, it still doesn't sync correctly either. All messages stay on the EVO, unless I delete them specifically from the EVO. THIS IS VERY WRONG AND ANDROID or HTC HAS REALLY SCREWED THIS UP.

My EVO phone is all but WORTHLESS to me since I can't look after my eMail accounts anymore.

Now here's the dumbest thing I ever read...I was researching (Googling) this problem and I read in thread on a forum (I think on this forum) where this problem was discussed. Some idiots saw the way it worked "before" as a problem. People were writing in saying when they got there mail on their computer, using there outlook or outlook express or whatever email program they use, that all their messages would disappear from their EVO. Of couse they would, because your too stupid to go into your computer's eMail program and select "leave a copy of the messages on the server when my mail program downloads the mail on to my computer.

Then, even more STUPIDLY, people from HTC wrote in and said, oh we should have that changed. YOU IDIOTs, why would you change this and ruin the EVO's operation when a software option is available on every email program on a computer???

I don't know who's responsible for updates and changes, but by changing this, ANDROID or HTC has rendered eMail on the EVO USELESS !!!

And if I can't look after my eMail accounts on my EVO, then my EVO phone is useless.

Tags: