1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Email is not updating

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 71_340, Feb 1, 2014.

1. 71_340

71_340 Lurker
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    First I like to say that I did read the Sticky section and numerous threads here before asking my question.

Here is my problem:

Just got a new Rugby Pro (AT&T), set it up and everything works fine except my email. I have an embarqmail.com account and I have to manually update my inbox to receive messages. When I delete any messages they still remain on the embarq server.

I have the Peak and Off Peak schedule set to 15 minutes. There is a check mark in the Sync email field and it tells me that Sync is disabled....hence my problem in receiving mail. That field is greyed out, not allowing me to uncheck the box. What am I missing here?

I deleted and re-installed the account and pulled the battery to no avail. My embarq settings have not changed and my email was working just fine with the Blackberry I had until last week.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any advise!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Check Embarq's IMAP settings and manually set up an Embarq IMAP account. (Delete the one you have now.) It sounds as if the account is set up as POP3 and is working correctly for that protocol.

3. 71_340

71_340 Lurker
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    And how do you do that? Are the instructions somewhere?

4. 71_340

71_340 Lurker
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    I found instructions for IMAP. That will not work for embarq because the server does not respond. Really have second thoughts now about switching from BB to Android.